Download Full Itinerary Now!
Plan your Chicago wedding dress shopping weekend with this free, ready-to-go itinerary!
First of all, congratulations to the brides out there! It is a really exciting, and maybe overwhelming, time for you! But don’t you worry, I have your whole wedding dress shopping weekend planned out. All you have to do is book your reservations and then feel like a QWEEN.
Although the goal is to find THE DRESS, make sure you take time to enjoy your weekend with your mom, family, friends, dad, groom?! (do people do that?). It doesn’t matter what your crew looks like, because they are there to celebrate this amazing time in your life. Or if you are like me, I would be willing to go try a dress on all by myself! And that is okay.
To begin, plan a fun dinner the night you arrive to day dream about the dress potential. Then, wake up to a healthy breakfast and coffee. You’ll spend the day at a few shops, take time for a celebratory lunch and then cap off the evening with wine, Summer House and ice cream! If you have not found THE ONE yet, no fear! You still have another day to try on more, discuss over a batter & berries brunch and then return to see your favorite dress… hopefully saying YES!
Chicago is known to have amazing designers and wedding dress boutiques; however, it may be difficult to know where to start. Let me reassure you… your style is waiting for you in the windy city. The dress shops here are unique and provide a vast range of colors, materials and vibes. You will still have to do a bit of research on your own to determine which boutique fits your personality and wedding theme, but start with this list of 16 and go from there!
Chicago Bridal Shops
Logan Square starting at $1k
Lincoln Park starting at $1k
Wicker Park starting at $1k
Gold Coast starting at $1.5k
Andersonville starting at $1.8k
Old Town starting at $1.8k
Gold Coast starting at $1.8k
West Loop starting at $2k
River North starting at $2.2k
Gold Coast starting at $2.5k
Old Town starting at $2.5k
Gold Coast starting at $2.5k
Lincoln Park starting at $2.6k
River North starting at $3k
Gold Coast starting at $3k
West Town starting at $6k
*Price approximations obtained through dress shop websites and/or customer reviews. Confirm with shop before booking.
My itineraries are made with a focus on doing, eating & drinking, which leads to seeing! Make plans easier. The editable templates allow you to add in your own personality, interests and adventures. Or simply download the PDF for a ready to go version. Enjoy!
Notes for Consideration:
- Do your hair and makeup for your dress appointments. It is much easier to picture yourself in the dress on wedding day, done up!
- Bring heels and wear nude undergarments to your dress appointments.
- You absolutely must make dress shop reservations. I recommend setting them up 2-3 months before your dress shopping weekend.
- Check the weather before packing for Chicago. Even with that guidance, pack an umbrella and consider it may be 10 degrees colder than expected.
- Bring comfortable walking shoes.
- Download a ride share app. There are plenty of taxis in the downtown area, but they are over-priced. When outside of the downtown area, you will not want to go searching for a taxi.
- If you can help it, do not drive downtown Chicago. Use public transportation (the L or the Metra).
- When in doubt, make a reservation. Some restaurants do not take them, but others require them weeks or months out.