Download Full Itinerary Now!
West Loop is currently one of the hottest areas in Chicago due to the famous chefs occupying Randolph Row, popular shopping spots and new developments within the Fulton Market District. This dynamic neighborhood can keep your attention for an entire weekend, as well as the attention of your wallet. Formerly living in the West Loop, I am no stranger to this! But the validation behind dollars spent is to experience the greatness of this buzz. Sub in just about any West Loop highly rated restaurant on YELP and you will not be disappointed. But make those reservations early! Some book out 3-5 months. Already drooling thinking of where you might end up.
Although this itinerary is largely within the West Loop, I do have some suggestions to venture out to the Chicago Riverwalk and Millenium Park. Sometimes you just have to add in the Chicago staples!
My itineraries are made with a focus on doing, eating & drinking, which leads to seeing! Make plans easier. The editable templates allow you to add in your own personality, interests and adventures. Or simply download the PDF for a ready to go version. Enjoy!
Notes for Consideration:
- Always check the weather before packing for Chicago. Layers! Even with that guidance, pack an umbrella and consider it may be 10 degrees colder than expected.
- Bring comfortable walking shoes.
- Download a ride share app. Taxis are overpriced and when outside of the downtown area, you will not want to go searching for a taxi.
- If you can help it, do not drive downtown Chicago. Use public transportation (the L or the Metra).
- When in doubt, try to make a reservation. Some restaurants do not take them, but others require them weeks or months out.
- Be ready to eat.